Frequently asked questions

provides a complete support services package for end-to-end IT service management that changes the way businesses manage and operate their information systems.  We have three 24×7 Help Desk Service

Problem: Your expensive IT staff is now changing site passwords and adding new employees to your Exchange directory.

Problem: Your key IT projects are not being completed and you must continue to support your user community.

Problem: The benefits of your technology purchases and operational efficiencies are undermined if you can’t quickly resolve technology issues.

Solution: You need to outsource your Help Desk/Service desk as soon as possible.

First, what is the difference between Help Desk and Service desk?  Help Desk works with end users in resolving basic technology problems, trouble tickets and incident management.  Service Desk helps organizations in making sure users can use the technology tools they need in pursuit of their business goals.  This includes governance, processes and best practices.  A Help Desk is often viewed as a component of an overall Service Desk solution.

1) Response and Resolution; Call answering response times, resolution performance, First Level Resolution rate (FLR)

2) Metrics; detailed tracking, reporting, problem management, user satisfaction surveys for every incident, a major requirement often ignored by many providers

3) Process; ITIL based processes with an advanced browser-based ticketing and incident management system.

4) Tools; detailed FAQ database and software tools and techniques to deliver quick resolutions

5) Expertise; experienced certified IT staff familiar with various technologies and problem solving techniques with a “real” customer service focus.

Location, Language; many times offshore support, no matter what the price, just doesn’t work.

 Culture; often overlooked but it can be a critical element, hiring practices, training, retention, tenure, turnover, you want staff that stays around and understands your service needs.

 Cost Effective; Consider the expense of skilled IT staff, training, advanced monitoring and management tools, hardware, software and a 24×7 operation.

atech provides a 24×7  U.S.-based "click here" Help Desk/Service Desk.  Our certified IT staff has a “true” customer focus.  We meet or exceed every industry metric addressed above.  Superior IT support is now an expectation.

The fact is that regulatory legislation was never written specifically to address the issue of network or data security. Guideline documentation for legislation such as HIPAA barely even mentions security at all. Yet many executives, whether guided by their IT management or their own misperceptions, continue to believe that achieving one automatically assures the other. This is not the case. Male

 

Regulatory Compliance Audits are designed to capture the state of a given organization’s operations at a given moment in time. Once the company has prepared for a regulatory audit and the audit is performed, that’s it until the next cycle. Mission accomplished. Job done.

 

Security requires a constant interaction between the management of a business and its assets. Constant scrutiny not only of the assets themselves but also of the measures put in place to protect them is an absolute requirement of an optimally secure

 

Security requires a constant interaction between the management of a business and its assets. Constant scrutiny not only of the assets themselves but also of the measures put in place to protect them is an absolute requirement of an optimally secure environment.

This is not an interpretation or a matter of opinion. The fact is that regulatory acts just don’t provide or assure full security. They were never designed to do so. Use PCI (Payment Card Industry) Security as an example. In a typical business PCI might account for 20% of their data management caseload. If you are fully compliant with the PCI standard your credit card transactions may be more secure. But what about the remaining 80% of your data? And while it’s clear that 20% compliance can’t equal 100% secure, it doesn’t necessarily even mean that you’re 20% secure. The two may